I am still a bit twitchy, but I can feel to type and only numb if there are pressure points like a hard chair, crossing my legs, holding the phone to my ear, or leaning on something. Right now it is being caused by the sort of things that would make other people numb if they did them for a while, but for me it happens instantly and is more intense but it also gets better faster if I relieve the pressure. The problem is when everything causes it. It is such a relief to be doing better.
Yesterday morning I spent some time floating in the pool and playing in the water with my youngest daughter. It was wonderful. I got a swimming suit from http://www.modestswimwear4u.com/swimwear/newourlatestcollection so even though all of the neighborhood children were hanging over the wall or out their windows watching us I was comfortably modest.
In the afternoon we made pickles together and I made challah. It was a busy day and I am glad. I had expected, based on the way I was feeling Wednesday, to spend a chunk of it at the doctor for IV. This was much much better!! B"H.
My mother finished up her picture frame project. Though the stain is a reddish color instead of the dark wood of the rest of the dining room, with all of the coats it is dark reddish brown which looks nice. The pictures stand out from the wall much more and it is a distinguished look.
Toilet training still isn't going well. I really don't know what to do. If we catch him at the right time we have managed to get him to use the toilet a couple times, but he doesn't ask or indicate that he needs to go and doesn't care when he has accidents and his pants are wet or dirty.
We have a big trip planned for Sunday. We are IY"H going to Tzfat. We hope to see the cheese factory, the candle making factory and a variety of different synagogues. It is at least three hours each way and I expect it will be very hot there. We need to plan and make food and an itinerary. I am praying that this doesn't cause a crash like last weeks trip did. Doing things, though fun, isn't good for me. One day of fun makes for at least two or thee days of misery afterwards.
Shabbos is coming. This morning the girls made chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats with very little help, tomato salad, and helped with the cucumber salad as well. Teaching them how to cook is fun and useful. I have garlic ready to roast but need to figure out what else needs to go in the oven. I am not turning on the oven in this heat just for garlic, though it may be worth it.
I need to find your pickle recipe again and try it out. We have cucumbers coming out of our ears here. I've picked over 60 in the past few days!
ReplyDeleteher recipe is also on
ReplyDeletehttp://imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1585464#1585464
that being said/written....
Liba-make sure to bring sunscreen, plenty of water, and save me a cpbrc dessert and a pickle(just kidding-or maybe not!.
I still feel all should leave AD alone on toilet-training until he shows that his body is aware of discomfort. he is small enough, I thunk, that disposables still fit him.
Shabbat Shalom