Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good day! Good night !

Today was another miserable failure of a day in terms of toilet training. I am ready to call quits on the project. He hasn't even been near the toilet. Wet and dirty accidents (including on my husband's bed!) that don't bother the child, before or after, no willingness or recognition of the situation by the child and I am ready stop. It isn't working.

Husband is writing a note to school and we will see what they have to say. It doesn't seem to be going better there (based on the wet clothing coming home) buy maybe they have some tricks for me.

On to nicer topics, I made lunch today. DH bought salsa so it was a very very easy lunch, and well received by the children too. We had salsa beans and corn meal pancakes. The beans were precooked in the freezer, so they just got heated mixed together with the salsa. My kids really seem to like spicy food a lot more than traditional kid foods. Considering DH and I do as well, this is very nice.

After lunch we went to the dress maker. The girls and I had to describe what each of us want our dress, for my brother in laws wedding, to look like. My children are individuals to an extreme. Just like none of my children look like another, none of them would pick the same style dress.

My oldest wants simple, classic and flowing. She wants no extras, no ruffles, no beads and no sashes.

The next wants as much frill, lace and fluff as possible. She wants a circle crinoline, a bodice that isn't too tight or uncomfortable, a layered skirt, a big bow, beads, lace and all possible adornments.

The third wants a bubble skirt, mid calf, big bow on the side by the waist, and bollaro jacket. There was no convincing her that everyone else was going to be in floor length gowns or trying to change the style. She knew what she wanted.

I on the other hand, had the least idea what I wanted. I rarely buy myself clothing and don't have a clue what is in style. I wanted classic and classy but describing what I wanted wasn't easy. My Hebrew isn't great and I would have preferred to tell her I don't need anything.

The seamstress had lots of patience, plenty of pictures and we got there. I am getting a nice suit. The jacket will be fully lined with a shawl collar made out of contrasting material. There will be an a line skirt with triangle insets on the bottom made out of the contrasting fabric.

Next step, fabric. That will be an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. seeing as I only met the oldest 2 girls, I would say that your description is totally accurate! you most definitely know your children. just be forewarned-adolesceence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) They are easy for me to predict, and one is definitely an adolescent already. I am not looking forward to the girls all being teens at once.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map