Sunday, July 11, 2010

Great eating

Friday I made challah and it was the best batch since we moved. The dough was perfect to work with, it rose wonderfully, and the crust was perfect, top and bottom.

On top of that I made the buffalo wings I have been dreaming of for weeks. That was a huge accomplishments, since I never made them before. We used to buy the Meal Mart buffalo wings as a treat when we lived in the states and for what ever reason I have been dreaming of them for weeks. I researched recipes, my husband bought me ingredients, and I made them for Shabbos.

B"H the wings came out wonderfully. They were spicy with a bit of a kick, but obviously not too much of one since they were a hit with not just the adults but all of the children as well. I made two very big packages of wings (about sixty wings) and there are only five left.

Not only did they get eaten Friday night and at lunch, one of my kids declared them a perfect breakfast as well.

Buffalo Wing Recipe (I tripled this)
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
20 chicken wings
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce

Lightly oil baking sheet
Combine all dry ingredients in a large food storage bag and shake to mix, add detipped rinsed chicken wings and shake to coat. Place wings on baking sheet and refrigerate ~1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)

Blend oil and hot pepper sauce (I used an immersion blender). Dip wings into mixture and put back onto baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until crispy on the outside, generally 45-60 minutes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I was going to reply to your post, but it is gone. I hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote and wanted to edit but I inadvertently deleted - ugh!
    we will have to turn your blog into a recipe site for causing many of us to drool!
    please update on the recliner situation.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map