We had a great stress free day. We had plenty to read, no one expected to accomplish anything extraordinary, the food was great, everyone was happy, B"H it was a great all around day.
I really enjoyed my mother's company and, when the kids and my husband were sleeping, we had some nice late night time to talk just mother and daughter.
We did run out of challah (I thought I had three big loaves in the freezer and only had two) and the pita breads we had just bought were moldy, but a neighbor gave us a loaf of challah and some pitot and rescued us! I love my neighbors.
Tomorrow I have to gather paperwork for my children's metabolic clinic appointment on Monday and make challah. The kids plan on spending the day back in the pool. Only
my youngest has camp, the girls are all home. My husband is working.
Maybe one of the girls can take my mother to my husband at work to pick up the money he is changing for her and from there to the hardware store to buy stain, brushes and sandpaper so she can refinish my picture frames, which are bothering her. I have ten picture frames, filled with family pictures, which are light wood and my dining room furniture is all dark wood. I can't say that I care one way or the other, but it certainly won't bother me, as long as they are all one consistent color and back on the wall before she leaves. They never bothered me but that doesn't mean that they won't look better when she is done.
I thought the picture frames were fine the way they were. But then again I care for order and not aesthetics.
ReplyDelete