Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rash decision?

I bought a pool today. The kids wanted a pool and I had bookmarked websites that sold them, but never did it. It is summer and vacation already and we have been in the middle of a heat wave for weeks, but the decision was too big and no one was giving me an accurate measurement of the back yard space.

Someone advertised a used pool for sale, said they were asking 450nis, price new was 900nis. I got my husband to measure the yard space and it should fit. It is 8' (2.44meter) in diameter and comes with a filter and a cover. I called as quickly as I could, so no one else would buy it and only researched further than the "will it fit" issues after I had committed to buy.

It turns out that they retail for more like 500nis than 900nis, though the 500nis doesn't include the cover. I saved a bit of money, and a lot of aggravation on the research, but I am a bit annoyed. I am annoyed at them for misrepresenting this and for me for not being a more informed customer. I usually research first.

All in all, the wonder of it is, this forced us to make a decision. The pool is here and IY"H we will look at it more and figure out how to set it up and fill it tomorrow. That wouldn't have happened if we had stuck with it, researching the perfect pool. I would still be comparing the relative advantages vs the cost of each one.

2 comments:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map