Friday, July 16, 2010

Good solutions.

I have had a bit of a freezer problem and finally found a way to take care of it and make everyone happy! My aunt is trying to figure out how to make and feed 75 people on Shabbos in a couple weeks and I am going to help. I have 12 1 liter containers of good fleishig cholent to give her for starters. That empties out a lot of my freezer and relieves a bit of her stress.

I love solutions like that!

Next good solution, we are no longer using the potty (that slides), toilet seat reducer and steps that rocks (barely, but a bit). The boy is now sitting right on the toilet, like a big kid and no longer hysterical about the concept. He still doesn't do anything there, we are still cleaning up messes, but the hysteria has passed and I feel much much better now.

We have a box waiting at the post office, with boy's underwear in it, waiting to be picked up tomorrow. This is the underwear with construction vehicles that he picked out. I hope that he is determined to keep his cute underwear clean.

All in all I had a low key day, no cooking, I didn't leave the house, I didn't fix or accomplish anything, except getting my boy more calm about the idea of sitting on the toilet. I am so glad I succeeded.

1 comment:

  1. should I ask why there were 12 containers of cholent in the freezer? I know-from Shavuot until now...
    go AC! big boy undies,hmmm...explain to him how nice they look when clean (and hope for ketanim control first-when he is ready) and I suggest offering him his disposable diaper for gedolim.
    but all this while talking with AC as he hangs out on the toilet. no upfront expectations. everything in its own time.hysteria gone is a major hurdle. good Shabbos

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map