Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another reason why I am happy I live here

I have heard stories about lousy customer service, but B"H what I keep on finding is people here care and go above and beyond.

I bought an arm chair last February and it has been trouble since soon after we got it. It is under warranty, but we had someone deliver it instead of waiting for the store to do so and I really think that the way he tied it onto the roof of his van something got bent, so I haven't fought too hard to get them to replace it.

In April they came out to fix it. There was on bent piece under the chair and they straightened it out. Then my kids had fun on it one Shabbos and it really got bent. If it wasn't bent to begin with I doubt it would have been a problem, but it was.

The day of my surgery a repair man came to the house (a neighbor let him in and stayed with him) and he tried to fix my chair, but it was impossible to get it 100%. He said he did the best he could and that it looked liked it wasn't a manufacturing problem, so they wouldn't be doing anything further.

Last night I got a phone call from the repair people. Three and a half weeks later, with no complaints from me, they decided that they wanted to try again and see if they could get it into better shape. He said he would be here between 8am-10am. At 7:30am he called to let me know he was on my street and would be here in a few minutes. It wasn't my ideal timing, needing to get the kids out, but I was just happy he called first.

For an hour he worked on the chair and it is much better. I am still not letting the kids near it, but it is no longer tilted, the leg rest opens and closes more easily and if you didn't know better you might think it was fine!

All this was without me calling, because they felt like they hadn't done a good enough job the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map