Today I am officially four weeks post op! I have B"H come so far and am starting to feel like a human being again. I still have very little stamina and quite a bit of pain, but slowly even that is getting better.
It has been two days since I took any narcotic pain relievers. It is still the only thing that makes the pain go away, but even with the pain here I can function pretty well and am not having too much trouble sleeping. Having the pain reminds me when I am pushing too hard, what is uncomfortable for my shoulder, and that I need to get into physical therapy.
I am not convinced that pain is all bad, the way the narcotics make me feel is though. The dizzy head, the upset stomach and the bad taste in my mouth I hope I am entirely finished with.
My scar is healing very nicely B"H. The old part is stretched/stretching and a bit funky looking, but the new scar (which was on part of the old scar, opened and re-closed) looks really good.
I didn't manage to go for blood tests this morning, I was up but didn't have the strength. I have to go tomorrow. I really don't have a choice. I also have a doctors appointment in the afternoon, I need prescriptions, so I will be leaving the house.
When I was looking for my shoes to leave my house today I realized that I hadn't been out of my house since my blood work the beginning of last week! No wonder why I was stir crazy. This week we are getting back to real life. B"H it is a good thing. It may be exhausting, but is certainly healthier!
Did you really think you might hear something not so positive about your girls? Be-ement!
ReplyDeleteMikimi, one told me she was in trouble because I won't let her listen to her English tape every day... It was making me nuts with its odd pronunciations and repetition.
ReplyDelete"A is for apple, B is for bear, C is for cat" I just couldn't take it any more. Keeping in mind the fact that said child has spoken English since she was nine months old and has been reading chapter books in English for four years, I didn't think that the tape was needed or helping anything.
;) The teacher didn't say anything though. LOL Maybe the fact that I corrected the teachers spelling on the last test (subtly, but I couldn't leave it) helped out cause. Who knows!
Other funny little things like that could have come up... you have to be on your toes and prepared for anything with preadolescent and adolescent females. :)