Monday, November 22, 2010

Three weeks later, wanting life as normal.

I didn't take percost before bed last night, just tramadol and optalgin, since I had not had major pain yesterday. I don't understand how it works, if I am only needed tramadol during the day, I would think it would be fine at night, but no.

I woke up stiff and in pain. Moving my right arm wasn't a good option, and I am very very right handed. I muddled through the morning on just Tramadol but by one o'clock I realized my husband was leaving at five for work and I wasn't going to be okay doing bedtime on my own, so I finally caved.

I took the percoset and took a good 45 minute nap and woke up almost pain free. None of this makes sense to me. I guess I will take the percoset tonight before bed though, because I would rather sleep through side effects. It makes me jumpy, sensitive to noise, sleepy and nauseated.

On a much much better note, I did bedtime and even my son's bath tonight all on my own. Everyone went to sleep pretty much on time and happily. That is a first since my surgery three weeks ago! While I was singing my oldest did inform me that I am still a bit hoarse. These things take time!

I called my oncologist this morning. As I had feared my timing was terrible. Who knows what she was up to, but she requested I call her back after 1pm, which I did. When she is in a good mood she is fine to work with, on days like today, not so much so. Basically she said that I have no choice on the radioactive iodine and isolation but she will not book the isolation room without seeing me and she has no available appointments. December 27th it will be!!

After that I was done, I didn't call for my pathology report. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.

My dreams on pickle making are still dreams. The ingredients are in the fridge, but my pain was too much for it today. Maybe tomorrow.

I am striving to get my normal life back here. Little by little I am getting there. Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. After my first surgery my voice was very high and girly. I sounded like Minnie Mouse. When I talked, people would laugh, it caught them off guard. Maybe after a few more surgeries we'll both have voices that can sing like opera stars...that might make it worth while!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map