Friday, November 5, 2010

B"H I am home!

It is great, but the trip was exciting and just the energy to look up at the appropriate time, respond to their questions and be here is huge. There were some issues at our local pharmacy with my pain meds as well.

Percost they had, but the Ultram they only had the extended release (once a day) instead of the every eight hour one, so I don't see how I can alternate them. If I take the Ultram ER can I take the Percost later or not? There is no one to ask at this point. B"H I have a couple regular Ultram left that I didn't take after my last surgery, so I will use those for now and hopefully get better answers Sunday.

My husband did a great job getting me upacked and settled in before the kids got home from school. Now I am ensconced in my chair, working on looking like I am listening and keeping my eyes open. I am not loud enough for people to hear me over the other noises in the house unless they are near. It is a bit frustrating, but yelling to someone in the next room or talking over the kids talking just isn't happening yet.

It seems that there was a blip with my disability application as well. I got home to a message that there was a decision but they can't tell me what it was since it was sent for a special review which can take up to a 60 days... so there will be no answers until then. I would love the piece of mind of knowing I could pay my mother back in a timely fashion. I hate owing money, especially when I am not sure if/when/how I can repay them. Relying on Social Security to pay her back, when it is far from guaranteed, though it should be, is definitely nerve wracking.

Speaking of nerve wracking, the percoset makes me jumpy. I will be very happy to be off of it. Noises make me jump and my heart pound. It was hard in the hospital, but ridiculous now that I am home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, thyroid issues and young children are a wonderfully hard mixture, and you need to mix in much grace and mercy! :) I loved the thought of having my kids around when I didn't feel well, their smiles, their little voices, their hand made cards comforted me. But, at the same time their LOUD voices startled me and sometimes annoyed me, their hugs could hurt, their accidental bumps would cause me to cry out and make them feel bad. Praying for you! May your pain lessen and your joy increase.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map