Now the numbness is a lot less. My theory is that it is less because the [now cleaned out] scar tissue was pressing on nerves. My surgeon claims he had nothing to do with it. He has no idea why the feeling would have come back with what he did. The numbness was an expected part of my first surgery because of the nerves they had to cut through. The point is, it is back. I am still numb on one side of the back of my head, my neck and my shoulder itself, but not my arm.
So in the middle of the night I had a scary though that maybe my shoulder has "hurt" this whole time, I just couldn't feel it. Maybe this isn't new from my surgery and won't be going away. Maybe it won't get better.
Maybe the numbness was a blessing that I didn't even know how to fully appreciate.
So many times He blesses us with something that seems wrong or hard or odd but is really for our best. Most of the time we aren't ever given the opportunity to understand why. Maybe the numbness, that made me nutty and itchy, was saving me from the pain.
So sorry to hear about the pain. It can drive you crazy, never feeling good, if you let it. Continue to look for ways to be thankful, it will help in the healing. Still praying...
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for oh so much, I just keep on realizing how much more I have to be thankful for than I even realize. :)