Someone came to visit and help this afternoon, but she was decidedly unhelpful. She wanted my attention, which I don't have, wanted to talk, which hurts me, and kept on asking for help with things, which wasn't possible. I asked her to make mashed potatoes because one of my kids loves them and was willing to help peel and the potatoes are sprouting, but she wasn't excited about the idea. My daughter started peeling and the peeled potatoes are on the counter waiting still. Cookies she decided to make, but it is a hard baking in someone else's kitchen and the kids were in her way. It ended up being a bit of a comedy and relief came B"H in the form of our homework helper who came to all of our rescue. She managed to get the bowl off the mixer, the oven on and me off the hook for the project.
The high school girl who I thought was coming didn't show up. I didn't call to confirm that she was coming and I guess I should have. My husband had stripped my son's bed (it was wet) so not only did I have to do all of bedtime on my own, I had to make his bed as well. Ouch.
Putting a wiggly little boy to bed is a very physical activity and I was snappy with him because I was in pain and I really feel bad about that. It wasn't his fault. He wasn't being and more wiggly and squirmy than usual. It just hurt me which he can't understand.
It is many hours later and the pain medication still aren't helping. I am so glad my husband is working tomorrow evening and should be home to help in the evening.
On a very very good note, a good part of the feeling in my arm, between my elbow and shoulder, has come back. I haven't had any feeling from my shoulder to down halfway to my elbow since my last surgery, in April of 2009. B"H cleaning out the scar tissue seems to have helped that. I have feeling now most of my arm, though still not my shoulder itself. I was not expecting that to return. This is incredible!!
Not having feeling wasn't effecting my life all that much, but having it is really nice. I still have quite a lot of numbness other places, but every bit of normal is appreciated.
I am thankful to hear that you have more feeling in your arm. None of my doctors had ever mentioned the issues of nerve damage and scar tissue and I was SO shocked to come out of neck surgery with a sore arm! The elbow still hurts when I use it, but I noticed that it does slowly, continually heal. I feel bad your help didn't work out. Wish I come come over! :)
ReplyDeleteoften scar tissue/operated sites take forever until sensation returns.
ReplyDelete