Saturday, November 27, 2010

Friday was B"H a great day!

I am getting back into the swing of life.

Friday I did sleep in the morning because I was so tired that I couldn't keep my eyes open. In the afternoon I managed to lift my arm over and over enough times to not long brush out my oldest daughter's waist length hair for her after she shower, but braid it as well. Moving that shoulder causes pain, but not like it used to!!

In exchange for my hair brushing and braiding services she happily made my lemon pie filling mixture for me. She read the recipe, put in the ingredients and did the stirring while I made pie crusts and meringue. We made a great team.

The kids cooperated wonderfully to get us into Shabbos, everyone bathed, the house clean and the food cooked, on Friday. They were great. DH was working, and by the time he got home from work we were mostly ready.

Shabbos day we had three very sweet seminary (post high school) girls at our table. It was great for the kids and for me. The girls happily set the table and helped put all of the salads and first course out before the guests arrived. The guests were fun to talk with and they were a huge help bringing out food from the kitchen and clearing the table as well.

The pickles and pickled carrots from earlier this week came out really well, and so did our 4.5lbs of turkey which was four turkey wings since we can't easily find whole turkeys here, our lemon meringue pie and our pumpkin pie - along with our regular Shabbos delicacies which friends so wonderfully send. I couldn't have done the extras, even with me daughter's help, if we were responsible for the brunt of the meals.

I did get a nap this afternoon, but I need some more pain medication and my bed soon none the less.

2 comments:

  1. :) It was a great Thanksgiving Shabbos.

    The pies are now eaten and leftovers mostly gone. I may look for more turkey for a bedtime snack when I take my medications though. :)

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map