Showering tomorrow would have guaranteed nothing else got done tomorrow. Not only is showering exhausting because pain is exhausting, I knew that the pain of the shower was going to require major medicating which I can't do unless I am prepared to go to sleep. Since my husband is working, that won't be an option.
I hope that made at least a little bit of sense. My head isn't on straight any more.
Besides my lovely shower, I also managed to make appointments at the US consulate to get new passports for my girls. I checked and my husband, son and I have a couple years left on our passports, but my girls are all already expired. I figured the next step in dreaming about a trip is making sure we have our passports in order.
Once we have our US passports taken care of we can move onto getting everyone Israeli passports for the first time! That will be fun and exciting.
Having a dream to discuss and research is a great distraction from the pain and keeping me from getting bored. So far we have figured out that if we leave Israel for more than 30 days we will have a mess with our disability benefits here. They will probably be stopped and we will have to do paperwork to get them reinstated. I was hoping to stay in the US for 4-6 weeks, and that fact made four weeks sound like about the limit.
Okay, my head is really spinning and I am not sure I am making sense or if I even started the conversation I am continueing yesterday, so I am going to try to go to sleep.
The point of the post was, it was a good day. B"H. I am still in pain, but life goes on and I am still here!
Congratulations on your shower. That is an accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteif you inform BL your travel dates there might be no problem.
ReplyDeletei thought passports were good for 5 years at one age bracket and 10 on another. recheck.
good shabbos.
Michele, it was. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMikimi, I checked them yesterday. The girls are all expired. Have you had success with telling BL? I wonder how that works, it seems a rule is a rule.
I have not been to the U.S. since 2002 and I guess maybe I don't remember clearly but one could check it out via the people support website:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/forumpage.asp?forum=1435
if you need to sign in you can speak to me and use my info (tzfat/godzilla) or write them thru the site but in a personal message.