Monday, November 15, 2010

Great news!!

My appointment isn't until tomorrow, but I spoke with my surgeon today. The first thing he had to say was "We got it!! We got it!!" B"H the tumor is out! The cancer was found, the pathology report shows it. Gone out and bye bye!!

Tomorrow I see my surgeon, so I will get a copy of the report and get to talk to him more but that was a good way to start my day.

I am easing back into the mommy business. Ready or not, the responsibilities come! Today DH was working evening so I was the only one home to deal with a four year old covered in excrement. He had a diaper on, but it leaked. TMI I know, but the short of it is, I had to undress him and bath him and dress him again, despite my pain.

B"H After that I got someone to come and help with bedtime so I could take some strong pain medication and not the the adult in charge, but I did it. I managed.

Tomorrow I will be two weeks post op and life goes on and I am living it.

We continue to dream about our trip to the US. I have a friend who managed to find cheap tickets, though I can't buy them until I have money, it was nice to hear that they exist. I have been looking at car rental prices. Thankfully the first price I found was through the roof high so the other ridiculous prices I saw for a car that can hold a family of six for a months seemed almost reasonable in comparison. Any which way, until we have money and plane tickets there isn't much else I can do but look. Looking is fun, especially under the influence of pain medication.

2 comments:

  1. Praising the Lord for this amazing news! It is so much easier to go on with life without something horrible hanging over your head. May you continue to heal and be able to deal with all the joys and obligations of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map