Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drain out, pain not, IY"H home tomorrow

My drain was draining too much to come out this morning but B"H the drainage slowed down so my surgeon pulled it before he left tonight. That means that tomorrow IY"H I can go home. They aren't doing anything for me here that we can't do at home. I blew through so many IVs that the current plan is to change everything over to oral medication, even my antibiotics, so it is time to go home and get some real rest.

The hospital is a funny place. People seem to think that you can rest in the hospital. Reality is not the same. There are five beds in my room and some of them are filled with people in pain and some are filled with drama queens.

One lady vomited and made a scene, demanded oxygen and said she couldn't breathe because the taste of the salt water they gave her to rinse her mouth was so bad... She was so dramatic, and that was before surgery. I really wonder and am nervous about how she is going to be tonight.

My pain is up more from the drain being pulled and my neck swelling now. The drain was uncomfortable but it was doing its job. The percoset is helping, but it is also making me feel gross. It makes me woozy and tired and I want to find an alternative that still helps the pain. At least if I could get some solid sleep I might not notice the pain as much. It is easier to deal with things when you are well rested.

All in all, we can do this at home where it is quieter, I can rest more and I can cuddle my children. My only fear is the ride home, it is a really twisty road, but at the end of the drive I will be home where I belong.

1 comment:

  1. Glad You will be going home. Maybe whoever drives you can stop throughout the drive to "lessen" the pain.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map