I didn't call my oncologist today.
I didn't call my surgeon to have fax me the pathology report either.
I spent the day ignoring thoughts of tumors, radiation and doctors.
This morning I slept.
This afternoon I showered and then I spent time researching museum memberships and which one is the best to join so that we can get into all of the museums we want to go to without breaking the bank if/when we come to the US. I got a groopbuy for a manicure and pedicure (34nis/~ $10 for 170nis/~$47 worth of services!).
I went out to my special needs mother's support group in the evening and pretended that all was well. I had ice cream and a bagel and enjoyed myself with no cancer thoughts.
So tomorrow I have to make the calls. Tomorrow I need to face reality.
I don't want to.
Liba, everyone needs a day off from reality now and then. Today was yours.
ReplyDelete