Doing so showed him the problem though. The ET (breathing) tube that they had in my throat during my surgery caused blisters in my soft palate and throat. My percoset dose was increased, but I am not happy taking even the lower dose (it makes the world feel a bit spinny and yucky) so I am certainly not taking the higher dose unless I am unable to sleep at night without it.
My drain seems to be draining a lot less than it did yesterday. They don't empty it until 6am, but I am really curious to see if it will be under the 20ccs and I will be out here tomorrow (though how I would survive the trip home I really wonder?) or not.
Today I had a bunch of wonderful visitors. All of them understood they couldn't stay long, so it was nice. The morning visits were a bit easier than the evening ones but they were all nice and appreciated. It is funny, people are traveling for so much longer than they are staying for. I feel bad about that, but I am just not up for long visits.
My husband brought my kids, which was wonderful. He came by cab and arranged to stay only half an hour (including getting to and from my room) because he knows that my energy is zapped in 20 minutes or less and that is also about how much time my son can handle the visit before starting to look for trouble. As predicted, he found a nurse call button to press just as we said it was time to go.
I B"H got my hugs, to see my sweet children and a bit of cuddling. They got to see that I am B"H okay, here, smiling and walking around. It was an important, though brief, visit. The hospital clown had given me a sheet of puns/jokes, that I got to share with my older children and the daughter of one of my friends had left a puzzle here which I played with with my youngest.
Once they left I took pain meds and rested. I felt like a wet dishrag but a happy wet dishrag.
And that is where I am, desperately hoping to get home and worried about how I would get there, it isn't going to be an easy trip physically. The road between the hospital and home is twisty. I also wonder how I will manage when I get home and don't have a bed right there so I can lie down as soon as I feel the need. I go from fine to faint and dizzy with no warning.
So we shall see. The drain decides the discharge and it could go either way. If I am able to go home I will be excited and it will work out. If I have to stay I can see that that might be for the best for another day as well. Only time can tell!
I hear you on side-effects of pain relief. Lately my calf has been cramping and I am taking a homeopathic quinine remedy but I also took Oxycontin at night even though I know it makes me wake with nausea and headache for at least a day (and if I take for too long, I get constipated).
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad that AC is normal on getting into trouble behavior at a hospital!