Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pickles!!

I was in pain today and spent the morning sleeping. I considering it a very small price to pay for the pleasant evening I had with the kids, one I will pay happily.

This evening I went to a lecture. It was local, I went by cab, and I figured I would just be sitting. Little did I realize that sitting with nothing to support my arm is really painful! My arm chair obviously has arms, but my dining room table does as well. By the forty five minute mark I was watching the time and trying to decide if I should leave. I tried everything, holding my arm with my other hand, leaning over and resting it in my lap, sitting up straighter, etc. I could not get comfortable.

I wasn't expecting that!

I came home ready to cry and walked into a mess of toys and blocks. You know, toys and blocks are a nice thing when there are kids there playing, but when the children are sound asleep and you are in too much pain to pick them up, they are upsetting, even if I don't want them to be.

I begged my husband to come down and help pick up. We have a repairman coming in the morning and I need things under control. Somehow he started cleaning the dining room table off and ended up in the kitchen. While in the kitchen he washed the cucumbers I had been begging for someone to wash. Hearing him dealing with my cucumbers I followed him into the kitchen.

We ended up filling my two pickling jars with pickling cucumbers and carrots...

But the living room is still a mess and somehow he is upstairs in bed now. After we finished in the kitchen he said good night and I told him to sleep well. I don't think that either of us remember the living room mess until I walked right back into the middle of it.

Too funny!!

1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map