Thursday, May 6, 2010

A day at home is a good day.

I love being home.

I slept this morning which was wonderful and much needed. I haven't been sleeping well at all.

The day only got better when the kids got home. They came home happy and ate lunch nicely with no complaints. They showed their love for each other, played nicely and spent the day snacking on the pickles I made yesterday.

They finished three liters (3/4 of a gallon) worth of pickles in one day. The new recipe was really good, better than the old recipe which was good as well. After homework was done my kids went to the store across the street to buy more cucumbers. I think they had high pickle hopes.

Supper time I had more strength than I have had in a while so everyone was treated to fresh pancakes and syrup.

The kids went to sleep happily. I am tired, but happy. I realized that any day that I don't have to leave my home is a happy one. The exhaustion from going out makes the day much longer and my home is such a pleasant place. I like to be here.

In the days before I got sick I rarely left my home. Now I have to go out for doctors visits and lab tests, multiple times a week. I always liked being home, but now I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear about how the school system there is different/same as the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, six shorter school days getting them home in time for lunch every day for starters.

    Mikimi, if I could find tiny cucumbers it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map