HaShem is in charge.
It is all in for the best. It is all in His hands.
HaShem is in charge.
I just got a phone call from the hospital. My ultrasound and biopsy on May 11th was canceled. They wanted me to see a different doctor, who had never examined my neck, never been given his name as a doctor to use (I was told only to use my doctor or one other), and told me if I didn't take that appointment the next one was in November.
I didn't cry, but I was not happy and I let her know. This is not cool.
I was scheduled for the biopsy on the 11th of May and RAI was booked for the 23rd of May. It was scheduled three months ago so we would be ready to go if we needed to after the biopsy. It is a 2-3 month wait to get the RAI isolation room.
So after I pushed, got upset, told the scheduler this wasn't okay, they managed to get me in with my radiologist on June 15th. I am supposed to smile since it isn't November like she originally told me. At this point it probably makes sense to cancel the radiation and reschedule it, if we have to, after the June ultrasound and biopsy.
I should call my oncologist and let her know what is going on.
Sigh.
Man plans, God laughs.
I know this is for my good, but I was already getting worried about the biopsy, already got insurance approval (which is only good for a month) and already found a friend to go with me.
The doctor had said to come back in three months, now it will be four. What if it is growing?
I would cry if the kids weren't here. Not because I don't know it is good, I know it is, but I am upset anyway. The waiting, the wondering, cancer, I despise it all.
I am so sorry to hear this frustrating news! Just when we accept the situation and the plans, something always changes. Hospital error and/or indifference was never something we knew would be a part of the cancer life. But, maybe, this doctor is better? Praying for good to come of this.
ReplyDeleteI hate situations like this! Aaaargh!
ReplyDeleteAt least you have the blog to rant on.
Hang in there girl!
If you want me to come hang with you for your new appointment, let me know.
Mindy and Mikimi thanks!
ReplyDeleteB"H the frustration was short lived. I am feeling much better already.
Mindy, I am actually seeing the same doctor, just a month and four days later. She knows my neck and is a wiz with a needle and ultrasound machine. Both my oncologist and surgeon want me sticking with her and I trust them.
Mikimi, thank you for the offer! B"H for the blog.
So frustrating! {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDelete