I am still numb and exhausted, but I finished a project that I started Sunday. I had decided to make eclairs for my friends, who I am meeting up with IY"H on Wednesday.
I had the chocolate frosting and the filling made and today I made the pastries and put them together. They are in the freezer evading temptation now.
It is funny, the more I manage to do the more I dream. Many things I want to make but fear starting, since they can't be made over the course of several days. Bagels are on my dream list, but they can only be made when I will have energy from start to finish. They don't have a pause button.
Pickles on the other hand are a regular project here. They take 3 minutes of effort and look like they took all day. Most of the work is the waiting, and that I am good at. The children love them, which keeps me in business and all of us smiling.
One of my kids asked me today, when I would make burritos again. As opposed to my three minute pickles, burritos are a three day project. They start with washing and soaking beans, then cooking the beans and finally making the tortillas and filling them. I am not even dreaming of burritos at this point.
My kids will have to be happy with eclairs and pickles and leave the dreaming up to me.
now I really want to taste your picles and eclairs! and I'm not too far away. not to fear I would never just pop in. give me the word and I'm practically at your door.
ReplyDelete:) I hope you make it over here!
ReplyDeleteI want to live in your house!! Home made burritos and eclairs!! Two of my favorite foods!!! (Do you know how much I love Mexican Food???? -- Remind me to tell you when my mother realized I was serious about keeper stricter Kashrut)
ReplyDelete