Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wow, what a great holiday!

I didn't post before the holiday. I was too busy cooking and cleaning, plus the children were all home and we were enjoying our time together.

We made the most delicious eclairs. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/eclairs-ii/detail.aspx It was a fun project. Though the clean up was more than most deserts I make, they were well worth it.

Much of our holiday food was sent over by friends of mine and it was wonderful. I made made the challah and chicken soup we had with out night meals, but the kuggels, salads, fish, and chicken were sent by friends. In the morning we had dairy dishes, all of which I made over the last week and a half. We had blintzes (both cheese and potato), two kinds of cheese cake, and eclairs. For lunch we had, challah, sushi, more of the kuggles and roast (which was sent) as well as vegetables that I cooked under the roast when I reheated it. It was a feast fit for a king.

The funny thing is, none of my kids liked the sushi. Three pealed the nori off of a piece and ate some of the rice, and one smelled it and gave it back. My husband and I ended up with most of it for ourselves. As much as I enjoy sushi and want to learn how to make it, I wish at least one of the kids would enjoy it to help me justify making it more often. I guess I will have to find some friends to share with instead.

Tomorrow the kids are off again, and my husband is working. I need to brainstorm some activities to keep them entertained. B"H the heat wave broke so it is nice out again. The week it was in the high 90s the park was out of the question. Maybe tomorrow.

B"H I remain quite stable. I am a bit more tingly today, but with all of the activity Tuesday that is no surprise. It is actually a lot less than I would have anticipated. Seven weeks ago the week that I had would have certainly had me in for IV, but now I am feeling relatively okay!! Miracles happen.

2 comments:

  1. I love sushi and you culinary feast is making me drool!
    I will be in Beitar next week on Tuesday G-D Willing.
    Maybe we can meet- if you take the kids out- or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am ready to join you! I love sushi!! And eclairs!!!

    When are you coming over???

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map