Generally I spend quite a bit of time before Passover cleaning the toys that live in my living room/dining room area all year long. This year, either the toys survive the washing machine (it is a front loader) or they won't. I am not even trying to hand wash toys in the bathtub.
The Primo (toddler size Lego) are in the washing machine with the bathmat and they look like they are getting nice and clean and surviving their torture.
This is my combination of energy conservation and being productive and I am pretty happy that it seems to be working.
Next up, the washable dolls and after that Mister Potato Head. The dolls with hair will have to be hand cleaned by the girls who love them. My thirty year old wooden blocks already got to take a bath with one of the kids before the rule was put into force. It is probably best that way.
There is something very refreshing about having a house obsessively clean from top to bottom once a year.
I am laughing as I picture your Legos going round and round and round into a swirling collage of color. I never thought of this before! Would have loved to see a picture of that if the door of your washer had a window on it. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen there isn't strength, but Momma has determination and creativity, a lot still gets done!
Oh that sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteMindy, I should have taken a picture... They came out nice and clean though.
ReplyDeleteSue, it was fun. I think that Avraham Chaim will enjoy watching the Mr Potato Heads and shower curtains, so I am waiting for him to get home to put them in.
Years ago we used to put the toys in a pillow case and into the washing machine or in the tub with the kids. Some people start before Purim and put away (in the machsan) until right before Pesach so the toys are "like new". Other friends buy a new toy/game every year but they get put away with the Pesach stuff and taken out with the boxes of Pesach items. To each their own.
ReplyDelete