I think they may have been the 11th plague in Egypt.
No matter how hard I strive to keep them organized, they aren't for long.
I go to an appointment and try my best to guard the test results, especially if they are hand written and I don't have another copy. There are times I watch the doctor holding the results and have trouble listening because I am so focused on getting that ultrasound (or other) report back.
Then I leave.
And on the way home I check my stack of records.
And I don't have the ultrasound report.
I call.
No one in the hospital does either. It isn't on the doctor's desk or in my file.
And so it goes.
Medical papers either multiply or disappear.
Either we end up with three copies and an electronic copy, or none.
Tonight I am scanning a bunch of records in hopes that it will alleviate a bit of the "please please please give that back to me" thoughts during appointments. I hope to remember this lesson. I will try to scan documents as they come into the house so we don't end up without important documents in the future.
If only I could bring the electronic copies to appointments and not keep on having to deal with stacks of papers...
You could bring them with if you had something like a netbook or a handheld. Sending more love and prayers!
ReplyDeleteWhat about a folder like what the kids come home from preschool with at the end of the week? Organize as they do in the hospital by older paper in and newer on top. Even without "medical" papers, we all have learned after making Aliyah, that in order to survive, one needs to make copies of almost every paper that passes thru our hands!
ReplyDelete