Saturday, March 20, 2010

Help! School vacation starts at 8:15am!

The girls are out for Pesach vacation! Their last day was Friday and they will be home for the next two and a half weeks.

There goes my morning naps, my running to blood draws without worrying about childcare and the last bits of quiet time to get work done, calls made and the house organized.

As much as I love them, I am tired. The idea of needing to keep on top of them to get dressed before noon, keep from making huge messes while I am trying to get the house cleaned and sit at the table when they eat is overwhelming.

I need to make them a list of jobs to do and either pay them to do them or come up with some other reward for jobs done. I need the energy to come up with a plan to make them productive members of the household over the next week until Pesach. It isn't vacation time, it is house cleaning time and they need to be part of the cleaning and helping without whining.

I am hoping that my worry is disproportionate. They are good kids.

I am just tired and overwhelmed.

2 comments:

  1. maybe offer a tiyul into Y-lem to Kanyon Malcha next Sunday or to buy BJ or during Chol HaMoed to the zoo - as compensation? if I could, and you wanted, I would come help but now it's short notice. and you want them to be productive.
    make a list to give them structure. can you start cooking soon or are you getting meals? I was going to suggest they peel potatoes. are there any mini-camps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We aren't going anywhere, but B"H it was a good day. My kids invited our neighborhood children over to do beading in our house. It wasn't too loud or messy but it made my kids, and my neighbors and their kids, very very happy.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map