Sunday, March 14, 2010

Progress

Like all other progress, today's was not linear.

My son's room was thoroughly cleaned for Passover, some kitchen cabinets were cleaned out and lined and we cleaned out the freezer closet. Big projects were started and not completed and that left the general feeling of chaos in the end.

Sometimes chaos has to come in order to set things right.

All of the too small and too big clothing (from three girls, who are blessed with many hand me downs) are in a pile in the girls room. The pile is about as tall as one of my children and threatening to take over their room, but their clothing shelves are organized and containing only what they wear.

In a perfect world I would have energy and sort it all into the respective sizes and save the nicest things for the girl who could wear it next. In my old world that would certainly happen.

In our current reality, we shall see.

The kids also started cleaning out their project drawers. We got to rehash and "ooh" and "ah" over many years worth of art projects, and put some of them away.

The messes that come from cleaning both represent progress and cause frustration.

We live in an unfinished world and sometimes our progress looks like anything but. Eventually we will see it for what it is.

3 comments:

  1. I really relate -- sometimes I just cannot finish a task and the mess is greater than it was when I started! this happens more than I care to admit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should follow your lead and clean out my kids' rooms. They have way too much clutter to the point that they can't fully enjoy their rooms like they should. Thanks for the kick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RivkA it is good to know I am in good company with me "cleaning". I just found out my cleaning help is leaving the country on Monday. Panic time?

    Sue, it is freeing to have it done, but the process can be draining!!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map