Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doing the right thing isn't always easy!

Today's excitement was the type that made my heart flutter and my hopes high. I logged into my bank account to see what the balance was and found it with many thousands of dollars, none of which were there yesterday or was I expecting to see today. After five seconds of daydreaming about paying off credit cards, therefor getting out of debt, and hoping it was for real I dialed the phone, asked some questions and was told that the transfer would be reversed on Monday.

On the one hand, I know I did the right thing. If Hashem wants me to have money, He will send it to me in a legal way, money that is really mine and for keeps, not a mistaken money transfer. I expect that they would have figured it out eventually and it would have been big trouble if the money had been transferred to pay the credit card, since it wasn't really mine... but I WANT IT.

Oh well. Generally I am okay with how things are. I don't like our debt, but we came by it honestly, paying for my son's elemental formula which we had no insurance coverage for. We kept him alive and thriving and that is worth being in debt for. We have found ways of getting his formula without adding to our debt and we are currently B"H keeping from getting further into debt.

On a different note, I am happy to report that I B"H had a very productive day. The kitchen is done, ready for Pesach, except for washing down and changing the table cloth on the kitchen table. My brother in law helped cover the counters and back splashes and it went quickly and relatively easily. He was a huge huge help and we are glad that he came!

I was up early for be blood tests and the extra exertion did drop my calcium enough that I needed IV calcium again, but though I am tingly and definitely low I am not feeling as bad as I was the beginning of the week B"H. I was able to leave the children playing with my neighbors children when I went in, and was back pretty quickly. Chasdei Hashem.

3 comments:

  1. you are further along than I am. sorry for the money disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikimi, B"H we are getting there.

    The disappointment is only because I allowed myself to dream. I knew it wasn't mine. I feel better about it already, though it is still there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand those dreams. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map