Blood test results are in and there were no miracles this time.
I don't have an appointment but the oncologist said to call her and come this week, preferably Wednesday or Thursday. The surgeon said he would be calling the oncologist Wednesday, so I plan on going over then to hear their thoughts when they are both have my neck on their minds. They are in the same hospital and meeting up with both of them in one day has worked out well in the past.
The surgeon says that there most likely (barring cancellations) will be a 6-8 week wait for surgery and that it will be a tough one because of the location of the tumor and all of the scar tissue from the previous surgery. He doesn't sound too excited about the prospect.
That won't give us much time from the surgery until the RAI, and I was hoping to still be on my thyroid medication so I could heal more easily after the surgery. It doesn't sound like that will be happening. I have to be off of my thyroid medication for 3-4 weeks before the RAI and the RAI isolation room is already booked starting May 23rd, 11 weeks and six days from today.
B"H we can do this. I am focusing on being grateful that there is surgery and treatment available.
Continuing to pray for you, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDeleteYour prayers are much appreciated!!
Liba