Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sometimes those little things are really big.

I honestly haven't done much cleaning but I have done enough to make myself sick. My blood work from this morning looked almost as bad as I was feeling so my doctor ordered two vials of calcium via IV tonight. But she didn't stop there. She also gave me the name of a lady who sends out girls who volunteer their time and told me to let someone else do my Pesach cleaning.

Most doctors would have sent me to the hospital to deal with the calcium. A select few would have saved me the three days inpatient and done the IV in the office. It takes a very special doctor to do the IV and point me toward practical help so that I shouldn't do and shouldn't get sick and shouldn't need to come back for IV again too quickly.

The name on a slip of paper, the fact that she cared enough to tell me that she will take care of me if I make myself sick doing too much but that she wishes I wouldn't, and the genuine smile and well wishes combined to prove, yet again, what a special person my primary care doctor is.

Hopefully I will not need her help again this week but it is nice to know that she is there if I do.

2 comments:

  1. in other words your doc is not just a doc or just human but a mentsch/maidel and a real gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to fin a doctor that cares that much!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map