I had a hard day today and I needed some extra smiles.
B"H my kids were in tune to the fact, or at least willing to accommodate.
As they get older the interactions change, but the laughter and joy stay the same.
I can't blow raspberries on my 11 year old's belly any more and she protests the tickling, but she gives a great high five and a good firm bear hug. My nine year old is a great cuddler, but hates to be squeezed. With my five year old I can still get away with raspberries on occasion, cuddles and smooshes and lots of tickles.
My youngest gets the brunt of the raspberries. I get hysterical laughter from him by blowing his belly, his cheek, his neck and his arms. Then he hugs me and he growls. He growls and we laugh and hug tighter.
No matter what else is going on my kids are the light of my life, my laughter and my beacon of sanity.
I miss blowing raspberries on little chubby tummies! Your loving description brought back many precious memories.
ReplyDeleteI love the snuggles with the younger kids. Thankfully my teenagers still tolerate hugs from Mom now and then. They may grow up but hopefully they don't grow too big for snuggles.
ReplyDelete