Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There can never be too many psalms

My memory is not what it used to be.

I am a part of a group of women who recite the whole safer tehillim (book of psalms) daily in the merit of sick people who we know are in need of a full recovery. We have it divided up so each section is being said by two different women, just in case anyone has an emergency and can't say or forgets.

I generally say my section after my morning prayers, but on occasion I don't have time and they get pushed off for later in the day.

This afternoon I sat down to say my tehillim and when I was half way through my husband told me that I had said them already in the morning, and my oldest daughter concurred. My second daughter proceeded to tell me that she had decided to say my section today as well. I finished, because I had already started and I enjoy saying them, but we laughed about the fact that instead of once today it seems my household managed to say my section three times.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet daughter to say your section for you! Also, what a great thing you and the other ladies do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm-maybe it's time to enlist the girls to a few Tehillim a day too? I wish I were conscientious on Tehillim. I prefer to try to say Perek Shirah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, she is a sweetie. I am glad to be a part of the group.

    Mikimi,they say a bit with davening. I have seen many yeshuos since I became makpid to say my daily chelek of tehillim.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map