My thee year old had a hearing test in the hospital in Jerusalem, on the other side of the city from his school. It required quite a bit of traveling to get from here to his school, his school to the hospital, the hospital to home and traveling exhausts me. I sit there in pain, holding the seatbelt away from my neck and bracing around every turn.
My son on the other hand cooperated wonderful with the testing. He is an old hat at hearing tests by now. It would have been great, except I forgot [or wishfully thought he might not need] the stroller. I am not as strong as I used to be, and he is heavier than he used to be B"H so my back and arms are quite sore now.
I got home just in time for the girls to arrive and to heat up lunch for the kids. Before long my oldest's friends descended. B"H My husband was home soon there after because the morning wiped me out and I couldn't pretend to be functional any more.
I had a quick rest then headed back to Jerusalem for my mommy support group. A bunch of my friends who also have special needs children get together, talk, eat, laugh and cry on a semi regular basis. As much as I don't have strength and going to bed would have seemed smarter I feel much better for having gone.
I am still tired enough that I am sure that this post is full of typos, but I am smiling, happy and feeling much more optimistic, despite the exhaustion.
An older woman who also is fighting cancer once told me to "PACE" not "PUSH." Just because we're sick, doesn't mean our life comes to a stop, only our strength. So, we keep going, slowly, slowly, pacing and not pushing. Plus, we take naps. So glad you are smiling!
ReplyDeletewow!! what a day!!
ReplyDeleteI also find that dragging myself to my support group is always worth it.
It's hard being so damnn tired all the time!
Thank you both.
ReplyDeleteMindy, sometimes the pacing still feels like it leaves us running a marathon.
Rivka, B"H it usually is. This has been a crazy week though.
I am praying for strength for us all!
I'm tired just reading about your day! Sending love and prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteSue,
ReplyDeleteThanks!!