Monday, March 15, 2010

A good sunshiny day.

Today was one of those days, the days you want to sing and smile.

Nothing especially good happened. The day started with my three year old throwing up on my bed, was followed by my cleaning lady informing me that she is leaving the country on Monday and moved onto my five year old getting a piece of flying (the way it was meant to, but not there) toy in her eye.

I was at the ped in the morning for the vomiting boy with pink eye and the afternoon for the girl with a probable corneal abrasion.

In terms of my health, I have been better but I have also been a lot worse. My calcium is low. It is low enough to cause lots of symptoms, but not low enough to do IV yet. My lymphocyte count is way back down again, close to where it was after the radiation, for no good reason as far as I can tell.

I would like things to be better, but I am not ready to start frowning yet.

Despite all that, it was a good day.

And then the heat broke. It went from the 90s to the 60s at about 4:30pm. A fog came in and the world was damp, shimmering and beautiful, and it turned from a good day to a great day.

It smells like rain, and we still need rain.

Washing the winter coats did the trick. Man plans and God laughs. We will happily take them back out again.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel in terms of weather shifts. In fact I always remind people to enjoy the sun but don't pack up the blankets and winter coats just yet!Extra refua shelayma for the kids. I sent you some emails the other day and if you have a lull in your life, I'd be happy to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the saying, "Man plans and God laughs." We had that happen today. I had planned to take the kids to the dentist today (2 hr drive), bought snacks, packed dh a lunch since we wouldn't be home, even printed off math worksheets for the youngest two (they love doing them)... Then my middle one decided to take her temperature because of a headache. She's 101.4 - I felt so bad canceling five back-to-back appointments. I guess God wanted us to have a relaxing day at home (spring break this week).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikimi, thanks for the refuah shelayma wishes! I started to look at the emails, but things are beyond hectic here. I will try to look again alter.

    Sue,it is a great saying. I am sorry you had such a day! Speedy recovery to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map