We had a very productive day today B"H.
I started my day by making chocolate and mint chocolate chip cookies. Sitting at the table to make the cookies, instead of standing at the counter, makes a lot of difference. From there I moved onto challah rolls and challah.
My helper washed dishes, helped me clean up the kitchen and folded laundry, all things that make me feel much much more in control of my life.
In the afternoon I was able to sit back a bit and let my oldest and her friends do the cookie shaping. I made the chocolate crinkle cookie dough and they got their hands messy rolling the balls of dough in powdered sugar. My little kids and their little friends wanted to join in, but chocolate crinkle cookie dough is incredibly messy, so I made them a half a recipe of chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough to have fun with instead.
I don't think I have ever halved a recipe before. I am a habitual recipe doubler. It was a good call since they were finished making their cookies before they were out of dough. At that point we had been baking cookies and rolls for most of the day and I was out of strength to do any more.
I may be exhausted, but it feels good to get things done. Since I had help with the dish washing, and some of the cookie shaping later in the day, I was able to get a lot done without as much physical stress on my body. It is incredibly wonderful to be able to fill the freezer and make special treats for my "little" girl's celebration.
Being able to do is such an incredible gift.
Sounds like a wonderful time! Now I want to make cookies. LOL
ReplyDeletewell considering the cool breeze we have up here in Tzfat, today was a good cookie baking day. (if any burn, save them for me!)
ReplyDeletethank G-D to whoever invented the freezer and to whoever has money to buy an "extra" freezer - what would i do w/o my freezer - where would i put my coffee ben&jerry's?
B"H it was a great baking day and B"H none of them burnt!
ReplyDeleteI need more Ben and Jerry's. :)
Sue, cookies are good. I am sure your girls would have fun if you gave them the project.