Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That was awkward

I friend emailed me today offering me a part time job in the US. I didn't reply right away, so she called.

She asked me how I was and, I replied, "B"H okay, tired." and asked her about herself. I realize I don't give most people full information on how I am feeling, and they assume I am really okay because they have no reason to think otherwise.

So, after a year or saying that I was okay I had to admit to her that I am not physically up for taking a job now. She told me that it wasn't anything big and it was temporary and asked me to try, so I told her the truth, that it wasn't a good idea to even try it since I have a disability claim in and it won't help me to have a job on the records while I am saying (truthfully) that I am not up for working.

That was a very humbling conversation.

As much as I may admit to not feeling well here, I don't generally in real life, and even less so to my friends who are so far away. I hate for people to worry.

2 comments:

  1. But is full disclosure always needed?

    I did admit to being tired, even if I didn't tell her I was tired, broken, exhausted, numb and in pain.

    Do people really want to her me complain every time they say, "hello, how are you?"

    It is much more comfortable not to!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map