Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ketchup and french fries?

Today was a convenience food day after a week of meals cooked from scratch. We had frozen french fries, ketchup from a bottle, and leftover hamburgers for lunch.

Today we switched the kitchen back to regular year round mode. All of the Pesach dishes, counters, and tablecloths are away. Today was the children's last day of vacation. The last day of sleeping late, not worrying about catching a ride, or homework.

Today we hung out, put away laundry, cuddled, and enjoyed each others company.

It was a busy day, but a great day, even though we are all sad to have Pesach behind us.

Not feeling well I had to move much slower than usual. I had to wait for the dishes to drip themselves dry instead of frantically drying and rushing everything back into its cupboards. I had time to sit with the kids, eat one last piece of Pesach cake and relax in between attempts at getting things washed and nestled into place. The pace was slower than usual, and no one suffered from it at all.

The dishes even fit into the cabinets better than they usually do. There was room to spare even though there was more to put away than previous years. Slowly, carefully, without any rush, things fell into place. Being fast used to seem ideal. From this perspective I am beginning to wonder if hurrying was the problem all along.

1 comment:

  1. to reply back to you-the chocolate ice cream was real good! the custard - eh! but chocolate!
    after being home, I'm enjoying my shehakol marble store-bought cookies and made matza brei.
    it was cool for me to meet my internet friend.
    feel well my dear.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map