Monday, April 26, 2010

Doing when you can't....

I often wonder if pushing through the exhaustion is wise.

I had my acupuncture today (and it was torture, the worst session pain wise so far, but my shoulder is also a lot less numb, so I don't know what to think/do). While I was out I walked through the shuk and bought two small planters and potting soil (I have been searching for dirt and pots for a long long time!) and some big glass jars to make pickles in.

Once I came home I put up noodles for lunch and melted cheese onto them, took care of the kids and waited desperately for my husband to come home so I could go to sleep.

He arrived home and I climbed into bed. Before I even closed my eyes my cell phone rang. Someone was coming over and would be there in twenty minutes. I needed her help so I didn't say no, I also didn't nap.

As long as I was up I put away some laundry, changed the sheets on my bed, filled the washer with blankets I want put away for the summer, and reorganized my son's closet a bit so we could put away some pump supplies that someone had kindly sent us from the states.

My husband was helping the girls clean their room. The trundle bed was out from my niece's visit this past weekend and there was clean laundry waiting to be put away and dirty laundry on the floor. That didn't go well, so I ended up overseeing that as well.

And I have gone from exhausted to falling asleep in the middle of conversations. Absolutely totally done. I am ready to cry.

I still need to eat so I can take medication but that requires the mental ability to figure out what to eat and the energy to make and eat it. I also need to put my son's food together. If has to happen the night before because there is never a spare 5 minutes before his van comes at 6:55am. Setting the alarm clock earlier doesn't help, it must be ready in advance of we miss his ride.

I have to figure out what I am doing tomorrow. I can't sleep in, my cleaning lady is coming, but does that mean that I should spend the energy traveling to the beading class, especially since I don't have a ride back and it will be two buses. I am not sure. I am tempted to stay home and bead here and save the strength.

I have to let my friend know if I am coming or not.

Ideally I would pick up and have the house ready for the cleaning lady. My room I did, my son's room isn't bad and the girls room they did a half decent job on. The living room isn't terrible, so it would only be 5 minutes of cleanup, but I am going to have to bite my pride and leave it for her to do. Not only is it embarrasing, but it means the toys will end up on the couch and chairs. Putting things away where they belong before she gets here always makes a huge difference in how the house looks and feels when she leaves.

This has turned into random overtired ramblings. I am going to sign off and go to sleep!

2 comments:

  1. rant away-that is part of what blogging is about!
    in the U.S. a cleaning did the pick-up and the clean-up and the put-down and all without making you feel put out. here it is different as you have to tidy up before she can clean.
    I wish I could make your body and spirit feel better. just know that I think of you and rivkA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H the cleaning lady is a sweetie and the couch is the only place she seems to have dumped things this time!

    I wish you could too!!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map