It was a very quiet day today. I slept once the children left this morning and my husband took care of feeding them lunch before he left for work. Some wonderful high school girls took the children to the park for a couple hours. I picked them up from the park and brought them to the doctor to get my daughter's finger unbandaged, looked at and steri stripped. We also picked up some prescriptions.
Once we got back it was night gown and supper time. The day went quickly.
My daughter's bas mitzvah gift finally arrived at bedtime tonight! They said it would come Friday, or Sunday at the latest. Oh well, man plans and God laughs. She is very happy and I can finally stop worrying that they messed up the delivery.
It was a good day.
Tomorrow I have to get up early for labs and start preparing for Shabbos. I am hoping my husband can toivel (ritually immerse) my new pickling jars so I can pickle the cucumbers, which he bought me, while they are still nice and fresh. It isn't hard work, but I feel really accomplished when I manage that sort of project.
I'll have to taste your pickles some day.
ReplyDelete