Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pushing through!

I was exhausted, but determined to be productive today. I didn't accomplish as much as I would like, and a far far cry from yesterday, but some things B"H did happen.

I have two big tubs of cucumbers pickling and a couple pans of potato knishes baked.

I fell asleep tonight before the children. My husband was in charge and I have no idea what time they actually went to sleep. I would probably be sleeping now if the phone hadn't rung.

Since it did I will take it as a sign and make the potato mushroom knishes and formulate a plan for tomorrow's work. My husband is working but I am hopeful that the older children will be enthusiastic and ready to help.

We are starting our day with a trip to Kever Rochel. I should be home, and my daughter in school, by 10:30am if we get the bus I usually take back. I have a cake to make, egg salad, guacamole, and some vegetable salads.

My daughter's friend who can't have gluten, who had said earlier in the week that she wasn't coming, called today to say that she is coming, so I may attempt to make the cake gluten free. I prefer tried and true recipes, especially on Friday, but making sure there is desert for all is very important.

I would like everything to happen, but I am also holding onto the idea that everyone will be fed and happy, even if I don't accomplish all I wish I could. If in the end there is no cake there are plenty of cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you manage to do everything!
    I'm not sick and I don't do even a third of what you do! granted I live alone and and my needs are different, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I get credit for this. I did what I could, which was incredible this week B"H. I was exhausted, as usual, but much less numb and sick that I have been in a long time.

    I started early, thinking that if I did too much on any one day I would get sick, and made plans for what to make each day according to how I was feeling.

    HaShem took good care of my daughter and gave me the strength to do more this week than I have been able to do in months. I am tired, and I am week, but the fact that I was able to do so much to make her day special has given me strength.

    Looking back though, what I did is nothing compared to "before." A year ago this would have all been done in a day or a day and a half with energy to spare and no worries about making myself sick in the process.

    Life changes. We change. We can only do what we can do.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map