Friday, April 9, 2010

The day of the amazing new hot water heater

It seems that there is a reason that our hot water heater came with an eight year warranty. It had an eight year and three month life span!

The hot water heater is in the attic. The attic is the playroom. Leaking hot water heater plus books, toys, dolls, and dress up clothing is the kind of thing nightmares are made of.

I squeegied around the toys and used rags to mop up what I could. I am so grateful it wasn't worse. Most of the books were B"H on the shelves.

Cheers to a hot water heater in tip top shape, ready to heat water faster and hold it hot longer!! I am sure we will be appreciating the hot water heater thoroughly once we are done dealing with the mess. The old hot water heater was taking 1.5-2hours to heat water and this one is promised to heat enough hot water for a shower in 40 minutes on a cold day.

There are bright sides to most disasters.

4 comments:

  1. I love your attitude, friend. I know the cleaning was hard for you, so I am glad to hear you are able to find something to be thankful for. Enjoy the bright side of the disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy,

    It is all good. The cleaning isn't done, but God willing it will happen.

    Fridays are a hectic day, preparing for our sabbath, and the hot water is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B"H you have a home, hubby and beautiful children!
    Messes and disorder happen. It is our attitude that makes the difference on how we cope and handle everything. AND YOU ALWAYS SEEM SO POSITIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikimi, laugh or cry, those are often the two options. I annoyed one of the surgeons I interviewed by laughing instead of crying. He told me "this is serious, it is your life, it is cancer!" when I laughed at one of his pompous remarks.

    I didn't use him.

    I spend so much of my life laughing, and I prefer it that way. Crying makes me eyes red.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map