Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good night

Today was a blur. I slept in the morning, was hot and grumpy in the afternoon. I didn't accomplish anything or go anywhere.

My husband was home, on one of his very rare days off, so he took care of the kids and heated up lunch. If you ask him, I was resting.

I like to have something to show for my day, some little accomplishment. When I started posting this I though I would be going to sleep without that.

On deeper examination, and after much thought I realize I was there. I snuggled one little boy when he got home, hot and sweaty, fixed my daughter's ponytail, and okayed freeze pop consumption for them all.

I also pushed them all to clean up, was frustrated that most of the sun hats were missing in action, and got upset when it was well after bedtime and they were still talking.

It wasn't my best day. Hopefully tomorrow there will be more cuddling and loving and less upset. This wasn't the kind of day that I would be happy having for my last.

3 comments:

  1. may you not have to worry for a "last day" for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikimi, amen! I have to say, any day could be a last day for any of us. You never know what tomorrow will bring us, or if it will even come.

    Living every day as if it may be your last and knowing we are mortal is what keeps us from wasting the time we do have.

    Sue, thanks!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map