Saturday, March 6, 2010

Plans

I have a bunch of recipes saved and lots of plans for when I feel better.

I also have a big fear that that day won't come.

The hypoparathyroidism/hypocalcemia is here to stay and insistent on keeping me miserable, but there are drug trials underway and injectable medications on the horizon and that gives me hope.

So I continue to collect great sounding recipes and plans for the future, for when I feel better, and I pray that that day comes soon.

Until then I am appreciating my life for what it is. The pace may be slow, my ability to do and go not like it was "before" but my pain is a lot less than a year ago, our understanding of what we are facing is better, and most importantly I am alive to cuddle my kids, sing bed time songs, read stories, laugh and give kisses. We can love and hug and live together, even if I have to plan my whole day around how much energy I have and how numb I am starting out.

2 comments:

  1. planning the day? what a concept! I always tell myself to sleep in the mornings, so I can be awake for the kids.... I plan.... but I don't stick to my plan.... then I slep when the kids are finally home.... then I feel guilty... and sorry to miss that time together.... then I find out that they were only home for a few minutes before they had to leave.... for snif (Bnei Akiva, Ezra, or Ariel, depending on the kid), for chugim, for whatever.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivka,you make plans for every single day and you do them! You are amazing!! You do and do and do and do despite your exhaustion and your pain.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map