Friday, June 11, 2010

B"H for air conditioning and good friends

The temperate today is over 90*F, so we have the air conditioning on and are appreciating it immensely. I did a bit of cooking and am more able to appreciate the fruits of my labor because we aren't sweltering in its aftermath.

We are finishing off the last of the potato mushroom knishes I made for my daughter's bas mitzvah this Shabbos and I made fresh chicken stock and challah today, so on top of the much appreciated food that was sent for Shabbos it looks like we have quite the feast.

A good friend's daughter was in Israel for the year for seminary (typically a year of studies after high school). Seminary ended Monday and we got the honor of her presence this Shabbos. The dorm closed for the year Friday and she is flying our in the wee hours of the morning Monday. Until then she is ours to enjoy.

We may be celebrating our last Shabbos together. Generally it would be hard, knowing we may never seen her again, but there is a real possibility that she will be back, for further education, next year. Until this possibility came up I was having a hard time our parting. I was in tears when I said good bye for what I thought was the last time a couple weeks ago.

There aren't many sweeter, more sincere, helpful, lovely people around.

2 comments:

  1. take pics of your family and you with the sem gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I did.

    I better upload pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map