I am still exhausted, but today I made a conscious effort to make my day better. I got up this morning and did not take my morning nap. I chatted with the woman who came to help me clean my home and made pizza, even though I had a frozen meal I could have heated up, with olives for my olive loving kids even though I can not stand olives on pizza.
In the afternoon I gave the younger kids long bubble baths. We made bubble cookies and cakes and bubble beards and hair. It was a ton of fun. The kids had prune palms and raisin fingers. My fingers cracked, but it was great.
I have been down and need to find more little projects like these to keep me up.
I friend who has been asking for burritos. That would be a huge stretch of my energies, but if I take several days to do it it may just be the project I need. I should go and see if I have beans to soak.
I also need to research pools. The bathtub may be fun for the little kids but the big ones want some sort of pool for the back yard for the summer. We don't have a ton of space, but we have enough to have something big enough for all of us to have fun. We have to figure out how to make the yard a bit more private, but that kind of challenge is good and healthy.
Once my oldest and my husband give me measurements of the available space and I figure out how we are paying I can move on to researching pools, chlorine, pool nets, covers and filters.
My children are my life, but I need my project to keep me moving.
the best of luck on the Pool Project.
ReplyDelete