As I was walking out of the house, at 9am, to go to my nephew's bris this morning the phone rang. It was a neighbor and she specifically asked me to come to her son's bar mitzvah celebration tonight. Not only was my husband working and I hadn't arranged a babysitter, I never saw the invitation. My husband got it and put it on the fridge. B"H it is the season of celebration so my fridge has been plastered for a while, to the point that I don't notice the invitations any more.
The bris was B"H very nice, but it involved quite a bit of walking and standing. The seuda (celebratory meal) was not in the same location as the ceremony and everything was up and down a fair share of stairs. It was totally worth it though. Everything was done nicely and tastefully and the baby was very cute.
From the bris I went to my doctor, got some paperwork taken care of for my appointment tomorrow, refilled some prescriptions and spoke with her for a bit about my disability paperwork for my US disability which we are working on.
By the time I got home it was almost 1pm. My head and ankle were throbbing but my kids were walking in the door momentarily and had to be fed. Husband came to the rescue with leftovers from the fridge and cake that he had been sent home with from the bris. The cake went over a lot better than the leftover fish, but at least we tried to feed them healthy food, right?
I tried to get at least the little kids to lie down with me so I could rest my eyes, head and foot, but that didn't last long. I ended up spending the better part of the afternoon trying to find a babysitter for this evening and had about given up when I got a cryptic phone call that there is likely to be a family simcha (celebration) tomorrow night. It seems one of my brother in laws may be getting engaged. They were calling so I could work on getting a babysitter.
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.
In the end laughing was the right answer. I called one of the people who hadn't been home earlier and got through, and she was available for this evening. As of now I am still without a babysitter for tomorrow, but trying got me the babysitter I needed now.
Hashem takes care of us in His own way. I was totally done making phone calls for tonight. I was not going. I am glad I did though!
only simchas
ReplyDelete