Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day of school!

My big girls came home early with report cards that made me proud today. Their teachers had glowing things to say which actually made up for my quiet morning being cut short.

I am moving slowly and feeling not great, but moving and getting things done none the less. The house is a disaster (the last day of school comes with bags of stuff and one of the toy cabinet shelves lost a support and tipped the toys into the floor) but lunch was good and everyone is happy.

I got several thank you phone calls about the chocolate. I am glad we did it.

Camp starts tomorrow for my youngest daughter and school continues as regular for my son for several more weeks. Somehow I need to convince the big girls that tomorrow is a helping and accomplishing day. I am not above bribing them, but I need to figure out what motivator to offer.

All in all, it has been a good week and I am very very happy. I am happy enough to smile even while wishing for toothpicks to keep my eyes open.

2 comments:

  1. is ice cream enough to bribe them?
    I would say a tiyul to the zoo, but it's hot and unfortunately you don't have coach or enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I didn't end up as nice as I wish I could have been. They weren't interested in any of my motivational offers.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map