Monday, June 7, 2010

Friends and fears

A have a friend who understands my fears, even if I don't say them outright, who knows where my brain goes with every new pain, and who makes me feel better without discounting my feelings or telling my not to think that way.

We don't speak often and when we do it is often at odd hours. The talks leave me feeling refreshed and understood.

We spent some time talking in the middle of the night last night and it was exactly what I needed.

Thought my shoulder still hurts today, the worry wasn't in the forefront of my thoughts. It was validated and put away. Acknowledging the fact that the worry was real did a lot more than all of the pushing it away and trying to ignore it which I was doing.

3 comments:

  1. We all need friends like this. Feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can add me to your list of friends to call ANY TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michele and Mikimi.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map