Friday, June 25, 2010

Sitting around watching

I spent the day sitting, sitting and talking to my husband in the morning. Sitting and watching my kids play at my feet in the afternoon. Sitting and watching the little ones splash in the wading pool a bit later and sitting and watching my lovely friend clean my kitchen and help my kids clean up their messes this evening.

My ankle still hurts, is turning a rainbow of colors and swells if it isn't elevated, but if I keep it up it isn't terrible. Today, B"H, the kids and life cooperated to let me do so.

My son's feeding pump cooperated after bedtime and my husband came home ready to help once he was off work in the middle of the night. The trash is out and the house feels good.

Tomorrow I still have to make that challah that I wasn't able to make earlier in the week, but hopefully after another night of rest my ankle will be up for bearing a bit of weight for a while. The doctor said three days of rest and I did that the best I could.

It really was a good day, despite my forced vacation. I am getting some reading of my own done and a lot of cuddling and book reading with the kids as well. Knowing that things should start getting better and that elevating my foot shouldn't be as important soon is also a huge relief.

Shabbos is coming and after a week like this that thought is enough to make me want to burst into song of praise to HKBH.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a good day. Shabbat shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! Shabbat Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remembered....tiger balm or bengay might have helped - if you can stand the smell.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map