I got to the doctor's office on time and found that for the first time ever, I didn't have a lab slip to do my blood work and didn't even realize it. The only doctor working in the office this morning was a pediatrician and there was a huge line of people waiting to see him.
B"H I was able to get a lab sip faxed over and things taken care of on time, but it was a worrisome 10 minutes. The first lab pickup is at 9am, and the only way I am guaranteed same day results is if we make that pickup.
After my blood draw I spent just enough time in the pharmacy to get to the bus stop in time to see the bus leave without me. It was already incredibly hot out (it hit 104* today, and was in the 90s by 9am)and the buses are every 15 minutes, so I went across the street to the air conditioned grocery store to do a bit of shopping while I waited. 10 minutes later I was back at the bus stop, but it seems I missed the next bus.
After waiting twenty two minutes in the hot sun I finally got a bus home with every intention of taking a drink and a nap.
When I got home I found out that the air conditioning people my husband had called were on their way. On a day like today there is no saying anything but hooray to news like that! An hour later the technician arrived but within minutes he left. A bit after that another guy, who they thought would be able to fix, it came, stayed 10 minutes and then he left! An hour later both of them came back, let my husband know that they had to replace the internal motor, which lives in the bathroom ceiling. Taking that down meant making a mess and that they won't be back until tomorrow. There isn't even a half working air conditioning now, just a mess of wires and dust.
By the time they finished it was 1pm and the children were walking in the door. Generally I don't nap when the children are home, even if my husband is here, because I like to greet them when they come home see them but I fell into bed none the less. My eyes just wouldn't stay open
3pm I woke up and check my lab results and got confirmation that I had to keep my doctor's appointment and get my IV.
4pm I left for the doctor.
6:3opm I left the doctor's office, tanked up with IV calcium, prescriptions and lab slips.
Of course I missed the bus again.
My husband asked why I was even waiting for the bus. I was standing in front of the place I needed to be at 7:30pm. I wanted to see my kids and lay down for a bit though, even though it didn't make sense. I got home at the time that I should have left but hung out for a bit instead.
In the end, I got to our local Annual English Speaking Women's Gathering fashionably late and had a wonderful evening. There was singing, dancing, an orchestra, jokes and words of Torah. It was a great night. I wish we had such events more often. I even managed to win one of the door prizes. My raffle ticket was pulled for an after school music group for girls going into kindergarten or first grade. The ticket entitles me (or my daughter in this case) to three free group lessons. I don't usually win things, but this wasn't just winning, it was winning something that my daughter will appreciate!
Walking to the bus stop it was dark. The street light by the bus stop was out and I stepped into the hole near a tree and wrenched my ankle. B"H the tree was there or I would have fallen on my face. So far I have quite a bit of pain and have a purple swollen area the size of a large chicken egg right below and in front of my ankle bone. My husband could see it all of the way across the room by the time I got home.
Ice, arnica, and ibuprofen are my current best friends.
Today certainly wasn't all bad, but I hope that tomorrow is a bit better!
Hoping your ankle feels better! Thank you for sharing your day to day adventures.
ReplyDeletei hate those type of errors of judgment - frustration at ourselves. aaargh!
ReplyDeleteSue, thanks! LOL It was quite the day.
ReplyDeleteMikimi, my timing was off and the whole day frustrating. Aaargh is right!!